Subject: RE:[Leica] barcelona leica theft
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 00:10:16 +0100

<[Leica] barcelona leica theft

<hey kids -- on our way back linda and i spent some glorious hours in
<heathrow airport drinking up the sounds of people speaking english (even if
<they had outrageous accents and we could only understand about 40% of what
<they were saying to us) and reading newspapers and drinking tea -- i
<perchanced to recognize a retired, though at one time not un-fameous woman
<photojournalist (most well known for her work in afghanistan in the 70's
and
<80's i'd say) and went over and introduced myself. she was heading back to
<the states from italy and mentioned that her leica was stolen the night
<bfore in barcelona. she said it had happened before there and they usually
<turned up in the local camera shops in the next day or so and she'd just
<gone previously and bought them back but her schedule didn't allow it
today.
<I mentioned that there might be LUGgers in barcelona who could check, with
<Which she was quite pleased. she hasn't gotten back to me with the serial
<Number yet but i thought i'd just drop a quick note out to any luggers who
<May be visiting barcelona camera shops in the next day or so, it's a 1954
<Leica m3, converted to SS, also stolen was a gossen luna pro. she didn't
<Mention any lenses, but i expect she'll phone tomorrow with more
<Particulars. i'll also add it to the stolen leica serial number list when i
<get it.

<thanks for your vigilance,

<kyle

Hi Kyle

I'll advice inmediatly  Casanova one of the most important Photo shop in
Barcelona, and the most used gear trader in Spain, that a M3 have just been
stolen. Please be so kind to give me in a private email the number of the
camera.

Kind regards

Félix