Subject: Re: [Leica] 1.25x magnifier w/ 135/2.8 M lens
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:13:18 EST

In a message dated 11/20/01 11:48:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mano@proxyma.net writes:

> Has anyone tried using a 135/2.8 Elmarit-M with goggles on a camera fitted
> with the
>  new 1.25x magnifier?

Hello Emanuel:

Got the same question. I don't use the 135 focal length that much and I'm
considering going back to the 135/4 Elmar of late 50s-early60s. It's much
much lighter and produces excellent images as it's a long-focus design, not a
true telephoto. I find the 135/2,8 Emarit-M bulky, unwieldy and too heavy
though optically excellent. Thus I'd be carrying around much less weight for
the occasional need for 135mm. Until now, the inhibition in using the Elmar
has been focussing. With the
magnifier, that's gone.

Seth  LaK 9