Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux - 1st impressions
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspainewebber.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:21:05 -0500 (EST)

> From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
> I recently got a Noctilux, and having had a couple of weeks to use it, I
> thought I'd share some first impressions. ...
  ...snip...
> ...What were the previous
> clip on hoods for earlier versions of the Noctilux like?

i have the version III f1.0, the last non-built-in hood.  the hood is
large and very strong, and in fact i keep it on all the time, even in the
bag.

> ...beautiful,
> creamy bokeh (I should say that I never stop down beyond 4-5.6) that makes
> the subject just pop out against the background....
> ... the negs are stunning. Incredible detail (hair, fabric in the
> clothing, etc.), dark shapes that were not visible to the naked eye are
> there on the negs, just barely coming out against the almost black
> background.

  ...snip...

> Anyway, just some initial thoughts on the Noctilux, which is a really
> exciting lens. You definitely have the impression you can use it anywhere
> for any kind of shooting.
> Guy

i think the noctilux is "the most exotic glass you can use every day."

i have a bunch of color autumn noctilux photos i will be posting in
a couple of days.

- -rei