Subject: Re: [Leica] STRAP SURVEY/Solutions
From: ternahan <ternahan@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:19:30 -0800

Thanks for the interesting post, John!
This and a couple of other posts bring up some questions I have regarding
that dreaded process we all must face sooner or later : AGING
So, I would like to ask the group to continue this thread as "solutions".
Here are a few of my issues and I hope others will add theirs. Physical
limitations shouldn't stop anyone from shootintg!

1)  I can no longer wear anything hanging from my neck without paying a HIGH
price in pain. Backpacks - same problem.
     So I use a strap and a waist pack and let the camera rest on the pack.
Not perfect, but it helps.

2) Hand tremors: still looking for a good solution.
     Now I just shoot lots of frames and usually can get what I want. But it
wastes a lot of film. Carrying a tripod is physically difficult.

3) Decreasing visual acuity...takes forever to focus. With the rangefinders,
I usually preset, but with SLR, I miss a lot of shots.

I hope you will share your difficulties and solutions, and that you won't
find this too personal.

TIA,
trish