Subject: Re: [Leica] Another girl at the game
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:00:23 -0600

From: "Don Dory"

re: http://www.sonc.com/baton_girl.htm
> Sonny, it appears that youall in N Louisiana need some help from the
> cultural police.  Where are the Goth, the pierced, the protesters?  :)
>
> Don Dory

Funny you should say that, the flag girls from the Texas Band nearly all had
belly-button jewelry.  I noticed because of the bare mid-rift costumes.
(Intellectual curiosity, you understand.)

I don't think our girls have that.  NSU has a only a few Goths, some pierced, but
protesters are few and far between down here.  I think the rural setting has
something to do with that, and  that we don't draw our student population from major
urban areas.   Even the kids here from the New Orleans area are mostly from the
suburbs.

Our top majors are Nursing, Business, and  Elementary and Secondary Education, so
somehow, the culture at this University is often a little more mainstream than you'd
find even at LSU.

Another reason that "street photography,"  has a different face here.

Thanks for your comments, I always appreciate them.

Regards,
Sonny

Message from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Another girl at the game)