Subject: RE: [Leica] Scanner (was High altitude question)
From: "C.L.Zeni" <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:04:53 -0500

At 04:21 PM 11/19/2001, you wrote:
>Mitch,
>
>I was leaning toward the 4000 too. But I decided that resolution isn't my
>biggest issue. Time and cost are. I want to be able to batch scan a whole
>roll of film unmanned. I can't do that now. I'm now leaning toward the
>Kodak 3600 which scan complete rolls as is. The NCS4000 requires a $500
>adaptor. Plus the Kodak comes with 100 free rolls of film.  I've talked to
>several people who purchased the Kodak and they seem very satisfied.
>
>Tough decision, especially since I'm running low on E100SW. I also like
>E200. Velvia isn't part of the program, unfortunately :-) With film
>running $7 a roll the Kodak scanner is quite a deal. Whereas the Nikon
>scanner cost more than the Leica lens next on my list to acquire! Again,
>it's difficult to decide.

The B&H website claims that the film rebate expired on 31 October :(

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

DISCLAIMER: The opinions in this email are my own, and not those of the
voices which tell me what to do.