Subject: Re: [Leica] Saturday "Pro Photo" Shopping
From: Alexey Merz <alexey@webcom.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 15:29:53 -0500

> From: Mark Rabiner <rabiner2@home.com
> Mike Quinn wrote:
>>
>> People who use camera straps must learn to expect these things...
>> The only good use of a strap I can recall was by a friend who
>> swung his IIIc
>> around his head by the strap to clear a path during a riot in Africa.
>> Both survived.
>> The rest of us use bags.
>>
>> Mike Quinn
>>
>> Mike
>>
> I don't think so. I think from conversing on this topic many times
> before that
> the vast majority of us do use straps. Very few don't.
> Perhaps we should do a survey.

For street work, usually not. At home, no. For travel use, usually.
At 4:30 a.m.  this morning, with the wind howling at the top of the
Gile Mt. fire tower, Goddamn right there was a strap on the M6, as
I Vise-gripped it to the safety rail for Leonids time exposures. I
did NOT want to risk my cold-numb fingers dropping the M6/35
Summilux ASPH 20 meters to the stone base below!

Now I just hope that exposure of a BIG fireball in Orion comes out ok!

Alexey Merz
Department of Biochemistry
Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover NH 03755-3844
alexey@webcom.com | alexey@dartmouth.edu
603-650-1702 | http://www.webcom.com/alexey/