Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 'chrome stability
From: Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 16:17:27 -0800

Bill Lawlor wrote:

> Some boxes of old slides were passed to me recently by a relative. They were
> in dirty yellow boxes "stored in the garage". All were Kodachromes and
> Ektachromes taken by my father from 1958 through 1972. The Kodachromes are
> stunning! The 1958-64 version of that film is awesome. They scan beautifully

I recently came across a few boxes of Kodachromes, from a trip that my
mom
made back in the early fifties to Italy. Amazing colors, no fade. The
color
looks like the restored version of "Vertigo". I believe she had a Kodak
camera,
which she had borrowed from her brother. She described it as being a
fairly
expensive piece of gear and how he begged and pleaded with her to take
care of it and return it in one piece. I guess some things never change.
But I must say that I like the old formula, more than the newer
Kodachrome.
Anyone have more information regarding the different versions?

feli