Subject: [Leica] Responsiveness of M6 meter at f/1.4 to f/2
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:11:00 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,

I've just noticed a peculiarity in the behaviour of the light meter in
my M6 TTL, using a 50mm Summilux-M lens. If I adjust the aperture from
f/1.4 to f/2 or vice versa, the meter doesn't register any change,
whereas a change in shutter speed does register.

For example, if the meter indicates that f/1.4 at 1/500 sec. will give
the correct exposure, then I would expect f/2 at 1/250 sec. would give
the same indication but it doesn't; it shows over-exposure, as if I'd
selected the slower shutter speed but left the lens aperture at f/1.4.
Conversely, if I started at f/2 and 1/250, a change to f/1.4 and 1/500
would indicate an under-exposure. The lens aperture selector seems to
function properly. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Regards,

=====
Ray