Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux in Canada
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 23:23:57 -0800

At 1:20 PM -0700 11/9/01, Tim Atherton wrote:
>  > >
>>  > Noctilux still being made in Canada?
>>  >
>>  > --
>>  I am told in the next 6 to 8 months it goes to Germany.
>>

>Hmmm... I wonder if the Germans will do as good a job...
>
>tom a
>
>--

Just to clarify things; the Noctilux pieces are produced in Midland
at present. They are assembled into fully functional M-pieces in
Germany. I don't think this arrangement will change until a new
version of the Noctilux comes out. Considering the numbers it doesn't
make sense to shift production to Germany, and I don't think the
operation in Midland will just give the machinery to Leica Solms. So
you will continue to get lenses with elements that have seen the
first light of day in Southern Ontario, but weren't able to focus
properly until they came together in Solms.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com