Subject: [Leica] Re: Cleaning the LS-2000 (was: Nathan's PAW 44 - Halloween)
From: David Prakel <dgp@btconnect.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:33:00 +0000

on 8/11/2001 11:33 pm, Jay Burleson at Leica Users digest wrote:

> In England, a "Tannoy" is the generic name for a loudspeaker.

No, sorry, not right. "Tannoy" is a generic term for public address system.
I used to write the manuals for their hi-fi loudspeaker range and know the
company and its history quite well. They used to get very pissy if you use
tannoy rather than Tannoy (much as Hoover get pissy about the use of
hoover). Protection of trade mark legalities.

One totally off-topic piece of Tannoy info was that they used to produce a
'shouting helmet' for the army. Two horn loudspeakers rapped around an army
helmet with a built in microphone for propaganda and psi-warfare use.

And even further off topic I'm disappointed no one has mentioned Mozart
Requiems by Harnoncourt or Norrington on authentic instruments and boys
voices or the version by Phillipe Hereweghe.

- --
Regards
David Prakel

PS Just off to load some film in the R8 and M6 and I'm shooting a 30th
wedding anniversary 'bash' as a favour. (Wrenches subject unconvincingly
back on topic at last moment)

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Cleaning the LS-2000 (was: Nathan's PAW 44 - Halloween))