Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica replicas
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 14:51:09 +0100

> There's absolutely no information on this site about these replicas - what
> are they? Are these Russian in origin?

Of course ;-)
Look closely - shutter button is a conchoidal one - judging from
appearance from early FED camera (slightly wider and taller than
Zorki one).  Lenses are AFAIS(ee) Industars 22 - there are
I22 inf. locks and chrome;

As for service: I don't see any reason why these shouldn't work;
I suppose that, if cameras are clean, well lubricated and with
new curtains (here it costs some 13$) then should perform
very well. Industars 22 are good, Industars 50 are even better,
approaching Red Scale Elmars in resolution and its eveness.
A good shooter IF you chose wisely.
It should be a good idea to ask this company about technical
performance of these cameras; maybe as a backup screwmount body...
Who knows? ;-)

Best
- --
                                St.