Subject: [Leica] 2001, the way it should have been
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 23:10:19 -0500

Totally OT, but at least related to the visual arts. I just got back
from seeing 2001: a space odyssey at Washinton DC's Uptown theater. It's
going around in a limited theatrical rerelease in a digitally remastered
70mm print. Delicious!

Of course, a lot of the technology didn't work out quite as grandiose as
Kubrick depicted (darned NASA budget cuts!), but I did notice that a
photographer was featrured using what looked a lot like a consumer
digital SLR. I'd say one of those tubular Olympuses, but he didn't use
flash so maybe it was a prototype Leica. :-)

Simon Stevens