Subject: Re: [Leica] Summar question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 08:45:17 -0700

Here are the instructions from Tomosy's book on the Summitar:

- ----------------
To separate the optical barrel from the focusing unit, collapse the lens,
find and remove the set screw in the side of the barrel just above bayonet
flange. Unscrew the bayonet flange. It is alright if it brings the inside
retaining ring with it. Pull out the optical unit.

To disassemble the optical unit, hold the "stem" of the of the barrel with a
rubber sheet, and unscrew both of the serrated rings from the front. They
might come off together or one after the other. It is alright either way. It
may be hard to unscrew them but do not use any other tool beyond rubber.
They will unscrew if you apply most of your strength. The aperture ring can
be pulled off after the two screws from its side are removed....

Hope this helps.

John Collier