Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander 28/1.9
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 16:21:18 +0200

If I may comment on this, when doing street shots it's no time to watch
EITHER focus - OR framelines. Go Adidas style: JUST DO IT! If you manage to
freeze the camera just before you press the button, the shot is yours, and
spontaneity is an asset! Lots of compositional faults are forgiven when
you've got the moment (HCB-like - but then he managed to compose the shot,
too - hmmmm . . .). Set your lens to the hyperfocal distance, and DOF will
do the rest. I don't regard critical focusing to be THAT important in street
photography.

Yours

Martin

 If one is
hunting around and taking typical 'street shots', i.e., on the fly,
if would seem that not having the frame lines up is a big problem.
What frame line does come up by the way?
I can see playing with the frame line lever in a static situation put
not while I am trying to shoot quickly and focus at the same time.
What has been your experience in such situations?
In any case thanks very much for your comments.

Regards,
Michael