Subject: [Leica] Leica IIIc and Jupiter-3 (new findings)
From: Matej Novak <matej.novak@hermes.si>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:36:36 +0100

A while ago I have reported that my Jupiter-3 lens would not
mount completely on my Leica IIIc. Well in the meantime I have
tried it on various cameras (Fed, Zorki and Leica), and on all
of them it mounted without problems. Then I decided to check
the lens mount on my IIIc (or is it called a flange?). Well after
unscrewing it from the camera body, surprise, surprise the lens
would screw in without any problems! After further investigation
I came to the conclusion that when I tighten the screws on the
lens mount (flange?) it bends somehow, preventing my Jupiter-3
to screw in completely. I have left the screws a little bit loose
and now I'm able to mount the Jupiter-3 to my IIIc.

Any comments from the group whether this would have some effect
on the quality of the photos?

One more thing, under the lens mount (flange?) there is some
kind of a cloth that was thicker in some parts than in the
others - this is probably the cause of the whole problem. Is this
cloth supposed to be there? And if yes, does anybody know about
any guidelines how thin it should be or how it should be applied?

Cheers,
Matej