Subject: Re: [Leica] exposure for full moon....
From: Tom Christiansen <tomchr@softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:50:12 -0800

Folks,

> >Full moon on Halloween!?
> >
> >Photographers, man your Noctili!
>
>remember, the sun falls on the moon with the same intensity that it does on
>the earth and we're metering the subject, not the black sky around it -- the
>proper exposure for a full moon is something more like 500 at f 11 w/ tri-x.
>(and why would anybody be shooting anything else?)

Someone told me that moon shots should be done at sunny-11 (not sunny-16).
So turn your Noctilux to f/11 (if it goes that far...:-)) and set the
shutter speed to 1/ISO. Push the button. Bingo...

I've tried f/16 and 1/ISO and it gives a lightly darker, yellowish moon (on
color slides). From that f/11 and 1/ISO sounds better I've just never
actually have time to try it out. Maybe tonight... :-)

Tom

Replies: Reply from "Michael Gardner" <mlgardner99@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] exposure for full moon....)