Subject: [Leica] Re: Sunrise Moonrise Halloween
From: Tom Finnegan <TomF@piengr.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:53:19 -0800

I was thinking about this a bit last night. I believe it is fairly rare to
have a full moon on Halloween. I guess it occurs only once every 20 years or
so. And to make things even more interesting it is also a 'Blue Moon'
(second full moon of the month), at least here on the west coast of the US.
For the east coast of the US the moon isn't officially 'full' until after
midnight, so it's actually the first full moon of November for those folks.
They will have a 'blue moon', however, at the end of November.

Unfortunately, as Mark noted, those of us up here in the soggy NW probably
won't get to see the moon tonight since it's a rather gray day. However, in
honor of this rather rare and unusual lunar occurance, I thought I would try
to somehow capture on film a bit of the strange and unusual. Some odd
pictures for an odd day.

Tom Finnegan
Seattle

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Sunrise Moonrise Halloween)