Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 vs. EOS-1v questions
From: "Logan Reinwood" <reinwood007@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 08:34:31 +0000

Hi Mitch,

I currently have 2 Ms and an EOS3 with 28-70 2.8 L + and 300 2.8 L. + Flash
550 EX + 420 EX.
I use the 28-70 only when I want to use the flash(s)

THe reasons I have the EOS3 and not the R are the following:

1) the AF and you can adjust the focus even when the AF is on, and swith to
MF is you want (on the high end tele you can even select the speed of MF
focus)
2) the silent & extremelly fast AF motor(USM)
3) the flash system (wireless)
4) the Fps
5) All the L lenses that are not far behind the R and ...
6) ...if you are looking for tele IS lenses go for the 300 2.8 L IS, it is
better than the 280 2.8 R (as reported by Erwin !)

I had the 75-300 IS, and was disappointed by the results.

Hope it helps,

Logan