Subject: Re: [Leica] Ready to take the R plunge
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 01:29:04 -0800

Simon,

Tough choices. I personally would stay away from the 35-70 zoom, in favor
of a 28/2.8 and 50/2 or  60/2.8. But that's because I prefer prime lenses
in the normal to wide range. I shoot my 50/2 and 28/2.8 wide open often
enough to justify the inconvenience of having the swap lenses now and then.
The 50/2 really is a fantastic lens. So is the 28. I'm sure the 35-70 is
too, but again I like primes. Faster, lighter, and not that much less
convenient in terms of focal length. I'm currently looking for a used
60/2.8, though the 50 Summicron is very good for close ups, especially with
extension tubes.

Can't go wrong with the 80-200 IMHO. I have that lens and use it a lot.
That's one zoom I really like.

Dave.