Subject: [Leica] Scanning and Printing Input
From: John Kraus <johnkraus@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:32:51 -0800

Hey All-

I'm starting to plan the dive into scanning and printing. I'm shooting
mostly color, and the goal is to print out archival quality prints up to 11
by 14 that match the look of the slides or high quality photo store c41
processing/printing I obtain. I'm shooting mostly Fuji Superia 200 for
prints, and Provia 100 and 400f for slides.
Initial looks at the Nikon 4000 scanner and the Epson 2000 printer. Any
advice or input? I'm curious if it's a relatively transparent process ( I
know PhotoShop pretty well) or if it's actually a bear requiring high-end
RIP software to make the color and look  really controllable.
Also any advice re: whether to shoot prints or slides if the process will go
through scanning and printing off a computer?
Thanks to all in advance for sharing your wisdom!

Sincerely,
John Kraus