Subject: [Leica] Two Viewfinders for the price of one?
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 22:06:57 EST

The only digital wrinkle I'd like to see would be a film M camera with a
digital display so I could do close-up work. In effect, the M would have both
RF and digital viewfinders. As digital arrays and optics become
ultra-miniaturized, they could probably pick up the image from a sensor at
the film plane, such as my Leica CL uses for the meter. It moves out of the
way when the shutter is released. Or the focal plane shutter surface itself
could be the digital image pickup. Many ways to skin this cat.