Subject: [Leica] luggers i need your help
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:52:47 -0700

My dear photo friends,

You may remember that last year when Tina Manly posted about a group of
impoverished children living in the Guatemala city dump and Nancy McGirr's
work to teach them photography, the Leica Users Group collectively raised
$1111 help out. It was a shining moment in our life as an Internet
community. I don't want that spirit to dissipear, so this year Tina and I
will again be holding a print sale, this time with the goal of raising $1000
to help some of the homeless orphans I met in Romania in March.
(http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/travel/bucharest-2001/) They're
incredible people living in incredible circumstances; Among them, a nine
year old girl working as a prostitute who I'd like to see have the chance to
be a little girl before she's an old women. Child abuse, child prostitution
and drug addiction are absolutely rampant there. The world shouldn't be like
this; it can't be like this.

So let me announce "Christmas in Bucharest", a challenge to the LUG in 2001.
Just like we did it last year, Tina Manly and I will be holding a print
sale -- just in time for you to buy a lovely holiday gift and in time for us
to send a lovely holiday gift to Bucharest which can literally change the
course of lives.

I've put all the details together on a web page located here:
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/leicaslacker/bucharest/. Participation
this year is very easy, you never even have to address an envelope.

At $16 a piece you will never ever ever again in your life get a better deal
on an origional photographic print. You can get TWO prints for less than the
price of a single Leica lens cap or replacement camera strap. That $16 will
go an awfuly long way in Romania.

That web site again:
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/leicaslacker/bucharest/

Thank you all for your time and your good hearts,

Kyle

Replies: Reply from "Bob Parsons" <bobp@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] luggers i need your help)
Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] luggers i need your help)
Reply from "Olivier T. Nguyen" <onguyen@optonline.net> (Re: [Leica] luggers i need your help)