Subject: [Leica] Re: Rangefinder Misalignment
From: Howard Cummer <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:34:08 +0800

>Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:21:03 -0400
>From: "George Weir" <george@georgeweir.com>
>Subject: [Leica] Rangefinder Misalignment
>The rangefinder in my new M6 is once again misaligned. The body is only
>4 months old. Two months ago it was repaired at the NJ facility for the
>same problem. I am more than a little upset that I am apparently unable
>to rely on it for more than two months at a time.
>Is it common for the rangefinder to go out of alignment every two
>months?
>  If this is the case then I fear that my conversion to Leica will
>be very short indeed as I must have enough confidence in all my
>equipment to warrant its continued usage.
>Or did I purchase a lemon?
Hello George,
As I have reported to the LUG, my M6HMTTL had rangefinder alignment
problems too. I had it in twice at the local Leica repair facility and the
third time they sent it to Solms and replaced the rangefinder under
warranty. I suggest you send it back to Leica and keep sending it back
until it is right. There is no reason for a US$1800 camera not to have a
correctly adjusted rangefinder. Mine has not come out of alignment since
the rangefinder was replaced.
Howard.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Rangefinder Misalignment)