Subject: RE: [Leica] OT: Gitzo Monopods & others
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:22:23 +0100

Thanks everyone for the info - especially Rob as I wasn't aware of this
trigger-pod. How ever will I get this on an airplane these days! So after
much deliberation about what I really want to do with a Monopod (a little
logic always brings u back to reality <G>) the Manfrotto it is with one of
their ballheads and a QR system.

A good price too from Robert White, and yes I agree wrt Gitzo adjustment,
the 1548 is a bear to adjust sometimes but quick adjustments aren't always
an issue like it is with a monopod. Gizto's are rocks, I reckon I couldn't
mark mine with a sledgehammer! <G> One piece of equipment you'd have to rip
from my cold dead hands, that and the M6. :)

Cheers,
Neil

Replies: Reply from "Eddie Shih" <eddie@leicafanclub.org> ([Leica] New R ASPH lens)