Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] OT: Gitzo Monopods & others
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspainewebber.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 07:03:15 -0400 (EDT)

swinging the discussion yet further seaward...

i have a carbon gitzo 1228 for my m6's.  one of the
leg locks turns, tightens, then makes a snapping sound
and then is one turn loose, as if the screw threads are jumping.
if i tighten up a little less, it seems OK.
i'll confess to putting some effort into tightening the leg
locks, particularly since if you don't tighten the upper
locks on a gitzo, it's hard to tighen and loosen the lower locks
because the tubes rotate.  i've never had any trepidation
about leaning on the locks for years with my old metal gitzo reporter
and my little gitzo weekender.

have i done a bad thing?  is this an easy fix?

:-(

TIA,

- -rei

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: Gitzo Monopods & others)