Subject: [Leica] FOM2
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:11:38 +1000

G'day all,

Well the first year of the project is all but over, and we have had
an excellent response, with 500 images being posted this year. If you
haven't seen the breadth of the response, you can still see the
submissions on the family of man 2 web site, or if you wait till the
first week of November, you will be able to see a more "friendly"
display. I will give you all the link when it is ready. By the end of
November, we will be displaying the final choice to enter into our
exhibition, still due to go "public" early in 2006.

Thank you to everyone who has been involved and who has been helpful.
Now is the time for those of you who did not submit to consider
getting projects ready for next year. You will be able to submit
again by early December, and I would advise everyone to get an early
start to this year, as the competition is bound to be "hotter".
Having sifted through the entries this year, there are many good
ideas to be gleaned by reviewing the images critically. I urge you to
go through the offerings before they come down at the end of
November, and then to see those chosen for the exhibition. Ideas may
seed, and inspire you to push our LUG project into newer territory.

Cheers and here's luck

Oh ps: there are still a few days left for anyone who has work to
submit for this year, but the cutoff will be October 31.