Subject: [Leica] Third Quarter Viewfinder The A-36 f/3.5 Summaron
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:21:20 -0700

Dick Gilcreast every year at the LHSA meetings is the one officially getting all
the shots of the speakers and the goings on.

He's always shooting even when the 200 other people are sitting and listening. I
think he would the "Viewfinder" official photographer. Others might be jumping
up there to get shots; but seeing Dick up there don't find the need. It's being covered.

This year when Roger H. Pelham received an award a pack of us descended on the
emotional situation all clicking away as the crowd rose to it's feet and Roger
rose out of his wheelchair.
My Noctilux shots with Neopan 1600 were underexposed, fooled by some of the
lights.
Bill Rosauer used a flash with a bracket and probably got the shot. I'm sure one
of us did!

But Dick Gilcreast  was home like many of the people were in troubled times.
Last year he also knocked our socks off with his stupendous Kodachromes of the
new England countryside. Taken over decades of shooting. Can't beat that!
Turns out many of these LHSA people are not just one thing or another. A
collector or a shooter; mainly collector.
Plenty of these guys (and gals) have a nice balance of BOTH in their genetic structure.

Dick is a guy who not only knows how to use the stuff AND DOES
	but knows all about the stuff. It's history and technical quirks and quality.
His article on the A-36 i got the impression he had all this stuff memorized.
Didn't even have to look it up. Documented to the finest detail.
I enjoyed reading it.
He talks both from intense use and wide reading. Full Theory and Full practice.

Here on the lug we have the ones who hate to have their theory confused with practice
and the ones who hate to have their practice confused with theory.

Only a few of us are on the balanced level of Dick
	and our Tom and Henning.

Make that Tom, Dick and Henning! :)
(Also Ed)
Someday I'll enjoy using the lens. With no flair wide open! On a IIIc! What
Leica is all about!
Compact!

F 3.5 and be there!

Mark Rabiner