Subject: Re: [Leica] OT query: Nikon F2
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:53:32 -0500

> Folks,
>
> One of my long-suffering subjects at the Green Leafe surprised me yesterday
> by producing a gadget bag containing a pretty full Nikon F2 kit--a gift
> from her father.  She wanted me to "check out" the camera and to run over
> the controls with her, which I happily did; but, I'm largely unfamiliar
> with the F2 and have a couple of questions.  What are the proper meter
> batteries?  Are they mercury or standard cells?

The F2 is a wonderful camera as are the previous F's, BUT, I always found
the TTL meter on the early F's to be not that friendly, so I always used a
hand meter.

> The body seemed a bit battered but fundamentally sound.  The meter needle
> sticks a little, which I attribute either to dirt and disuse or to improper
> batteries.  Can any suggest a reputable tech for a CLA--and can anyone
> guess at what a CLA should cost?

This may surprise you, but I think Sherry also works on Nikons (of course
her first love is Leica).

> Erin is dead serious about photography, but very shy.  I see this as an
> opportunity to encourage the rising generation, so I'll appreciate any
> pointers you can give me here--replies welcome on or off list.

I am not very good at giving pointers, except to recommend, shoot, shoot,
shoot.

> Thanks!
>
> Chandos

Tell Erin she has one of the best 35mm cameras ever made.

sl

Replies: Reply from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoom.com> ([Leica] OT: Nikon F2 service)