Subject: [Leica] OT query: Nikon F2
From: Chandos <cmbrow@wm.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:26:07 -0400

Folks,

One of my long-suffering subjects at the Green Leafe surprised me yesterday
by producing a gadget bag containing a pretty full Nikon F2 kit--a gift
from her father.  She wanted me to "check out" the camera and to run over
the controls with her, which I happily did; but, I'm largely unfamiliar
with the F2 and have a couple of questions.  What are the proper meter
batteries?  Are they mercury or standard cells?

The body seemed a bit battered but fundamentally sound.  The meter needle
sticks a little, which I attribute either to dirt and disuse or to improper
batteries.  Can any suggest a reputable tech for a CLA--and can anyone
guess at what a CLA should cost?

Erin is dead serious about photography, but very shy.  I see this as an
opportunity to encourage the rising generation, so I'll appreciate any
pointers you can give me here--replies welcome on or off list.

Thanks!

Chandos

Replies: Reply from "james rabun" <rabun@dellepro.com> (Re: [Leica] OT query: Nikon F2)