Subject: [Leica] Help needed with Weston Master IV
From: Chris Barrett <cpbarrett@taz.qinetiq.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:25:33 +0100

Dear Folks,

Sorry there's no Leica contaent as I'm a Leica wannabe, rather than a current user.

The Weston Master IV I've carried for twenty years as a back
up to my main camera has died on me. I didn't need to use it much.

However, as I've been getting into other photo projects I need my meter.
So, I found I could buy a new selenium cell for it (the usual fault). I
set to and stripped the meter down to replace the cell.

I nearly did it. I've managed to get it stripped to the plate which
holds the cell against its window. The problem I have is that there
appear to be 4 screws holding in the plate. Two at the top (scale end)
are easy to remove, but two screw posts at the meter movement end I
can't see a way to remove.

The two screws in question act as guides for the meter clamp mechanism.
A sliding plate pushed by the slide switch on the meter side run on, and
are held by these two posts. They have no flats, so I can't turn them.
Neither can I remove the slide plate.

Does anyone know, or know anyone who might know, how to remove the
plate?

Chris Barrett
Malvern