Subject: Re: [Leica] Necrobreweries [was: Czech Beer is OK--Belgian beer rules!]
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 00:03:18 +0200

Hi Guy,

The name is Mort Subite, i.e. sudden death. Somewhat misleading, since the beer
has a nice fruity taste and is quite weak by Belgian standards, less than 5%.
According to legend, the name came from a bar in Brussels in the 1920s where
local journalists would hang out and play cards while waiting for something
interesting to happen. The games ended suddenly when everyone had to clear out
to cover some breaking story, and hence the local beer was so named. It is a
Brussels specialy.

Nathan

Guy Bennett wrote:

> Is that Morte Subite or Mort Subite? Are we talking about a sudden dead
> woman or sudden death? In either case, it's making me thirsty!
>
> Guy

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland