Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Motor/Battery
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 14:11:09 EDT

In a message dated Sat, 20 Oct 2001 18:13:12  British Summer Time, "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com> writes:

> Is anyone having trouble with the rechargeable batteries for the R8 motor.
> Getting ready to do some shooting and brought a fresh charge up on a battery
> for today. Did this by discharging the battery (by the book) and then
> letting it full recharge (three lights indicated) That was yesterday. Put it
> in the camera all was fine. Today it was totally dead. Just sitting
> overnight-camera was in the "A" mode-thumb advance in. Battery has had
> little hard use-has a full charge about 8 time in the past yr.
> Any thoughts.
> Cheers Wilber
>
> --

Mine has nver given me a problem. Could it be that where it was stored overnight in the 'A' mode there was some pressure on the shutter button causing the meter display to be on and this has run the battery down again? I must confess that I always make sure that I turn the camera off when in the bag.

Gerry
www.gerrywalden.co.uk