Subject: [Leica] Good lab for color
From: "Mallik Kovuri" <mkovuri@peoplepc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 23:04:33 -0500

I have being doing photography for the past many years using SLRs all along,
I bought a Leica M6 couple of months back. It has 'renewed' my interest in
photography immensely. So much so, it is becoming an obsession, drawing most
of my attention these days. Photography is my' hobby'. I have never tried it
for commercial objectives. As such, I cannot afford very expensive labs for
processing my films (I take mostly color - print as well as slide). Most of
my pictures were developed in a warehouse departmental store (Sams Club,
Chicago) at very low rates. But Sams processing is not consistent, even if
it gives an acceptably quality sometimes (I do like their 5X7 prints).
Although A & I is probably a very good lab, it works out too expensive for
me. More so considering that my picture-taking has increased manifold with
the Leica in hand. Can LUGers help me identify something in between, a bit
less than A&I but with an acceptable and 'consistent' quality?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Mallik.

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Good lab for color)
Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Good lab for color)