Subject: Re: [Leica] Piezo printing
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 07:25:58 -0700

><Snip>
> (This was actually my reason for buying Piezo in the first place -- the
> non-grayness of prints made using either black or color inks in the Epson
> driver. Piezo is, apart from anything else, a MASSIVE improvement over these
> IMO).
>
> --
> John Brownlow
>
> http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
>
> --
Johnny D and John RF lets not forget the more extreme solution.
In my case my Epson 750 has the quadtone inks in it while my 1200 has the Color
Archival inks in it.
The 750 goes to letter sized while the 1200 goes to 11x17 supera3/b.

So when i want a large print from a black and white neg i'm inclined to have
some fun with it. I'm not about to just use the black ink in the Inkset. I'm
wanting to use a many inks as possible.
So i convert the greyscale image to a duotone or in my case quadtone with
process inks.
The shadows use a lot of cyan ink, the highlights go green and the mid tones i
dont' know what.
I have standard saved quadtones but I'll tweak them for each image.
Not for the  black and white purist but loads of fun.
And exactly the thing I'd dreamed of being able to do in my darkroom for decades.
Here's a not very good example of a "duotone" treatment from my website.
http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/ImagePages/SpeedGraphicMini.html

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA