Subject: Re: [Leica] SonC's PAW 41
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:32:16 -0500

John,
The game was underway, and those unruly officials hate it when I go afield and start
posing the players.

About the other shot.  I had listened to the rain early in the morning, and
remembered  the kids were out there, so I got up from my toasty bed and went across
town, hoping to capture some wet and dejected demonstrators.

The sponsors had cleared the kids out because of the high winds, and the rather
feeble-built shanties were in danger of, and some indeed did, collapse.

Had there been forlorn people to shoot, I surely would have shot them, and that
probably would have been my paw this week.  As it is, I can only speculate, as I
said, the kids learned a greater lesson about having a safe and secure place to sleep
in this case than they would have learned in the pretend shack-a-thon they had
planned.

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com