Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Ball head or 3 way rotating head?
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:32:11 -0400

Logan, I've used the Arca Swiss, Gitzo's own weird ball head, an NPC faux
head, the Leica table top heads, and a Bogan 3047.  What I use most is the
NPC for heavy duty use and the Leica for travel or just in case.  What I
like about the NPC is that one control frees/tightens the two axis but you
can control each independently.  However, when I was finding out I wasn't a
nature photographer, the Arca Swiss was killer.

So, as usual, define what's important to you then try the heads you think
you will like in person and make your choice.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: Ball head or 3 way rotating head?)