Subject: [Leica] Re: New Photo Site (followup and comments)
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:18:33 -0400

2001-10-15-14:48:03 Arne Helme:
> Jason Vicinanza suggested that I should use smaller scans that would
> fit 1024x768 screens including frames, menu bars, etc.  In addition he
> informed that the home page link did not work.  I will re-edit the
> Foetus collection and make smaller scans .

Nooo!  Images on the Web are usually too small, have too little toothy
detail, to step inside and experience as photographs rather than graphic
design.  People should all just get bigger monitors and more bandwidth,
dammit.

> They are clearly too big for 1024x768 screens (too bad the new ones
> will appear as thumbnails on my 1600x1200 TFT screen...:-)).

Exactly.  Design for 1600x1200, or if you really want to be inclusive
of the screen-real-estate-impoverished, drop down as far as 1280x1024.

[Oh, okay, I know I'm not being entirely balanced and reasonable.  But
 I *so* despise those teensy postage-stamp images.]

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: New Photo Site (followup and comments))
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Re: New Photo Site (followup and comments))