Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Lyson Inks
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 07:50:19 +0200

Julian,

I am not Gerry, but I can tell you that you should print using all inks and not
the black cartridge only. I must say, however, that the best way to B&W prints
on an Epson is to dedicate a printer to B&W and use one of the aftermarket inks.
I personally use the quadtone inks from www.missupply.com in an Epson 700 and I
am very happy with the results; I even exhibited some at a group show in
Brussels in May, and nobody could tell that these were digital prints. A lot of
people also use the Piezography system with great results.

An added advantage of those inks is that you get much more permanent prints,
especially if you use the special papers, than is the case with the standard
Epson inks.

Nathan

Julian Koplen wrote:

> Hi Gerry,
>
> How do you do B&W prints with Epson 1270?  Just use the usual Epson inks for
> that machine?  Or print with the black cartridge only?  I will appreciate
> knowing, since it would be nice not to have to invest in another printer, a
> new ink system, etc.
>
> Thanks in advance.........Julian--

Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland