Subject: Re: [Leica] 1.25x magnifier "in person"
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 17:23:56 -0700

I didn't know about this thing. But sitting around a table at the dark "Palm"
steak house in San Antonio last week at the LHSA meet the famous Rock and Roll
photographer Jim Marshall "in person" who had shown his slides the previous day
pulled out his (1.25X magnifier) and passed it around!

I screwed it right on my eyepiece and was a lot more impressed than i thought
I'd be!
You can really see what the heck you are doing with this thing!
Not the edges but who cares!?
I'll be ordering mine straight off. I'd think Leica would be charging twice what
they are for this great thing.
Two and a quarter USD?!!!! That's what my last lens cap cost!
This thing adds some real functionality to my whole Leica workflow!
I can reengineer my whole Leica shooting thing!

Some would say "why get an .85 for my 90's and 135's when i can just use this
nice thing?"
I think it would be great for any-body.
	Of any magnification or denomination!
Why would the 180 that Sal always wanted not be doable now?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can focus the hell out of anything!

By the way a 135 (I had one for each of two bodies driving back) not be long
enough for Texas! Arizona even!
Everything's "way out there"!

A 180 would begin to do it better but I'm willing to assign this job to my Viso,
which is why i just bought this old 135  the LHSA swap meet IN THE FIRST PLACE!
A Hektor* 4.5.

For 100 bucks even it will be better for the macro world that those Texas
windmills on the horizon!
http://www.texancultures.utsa.edu/hiddenhistory/Pages1/windmillsintexas.htm

Somebody the week before last with a convincing German accent who knew Max
Berek's son said Max didn't even HAVE a dog.
And if he HAD ONE he sure as heck would know have named it Hektor!

I think it was Rolf Fricke.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA