Subject: too much fuss (was: RE: Re: [Leica] Image Stabilization revolutionises telephoto available light?)
From: "telyt@earthlink.net" <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:37:29 -0400

Adam Bridge wrote:

Its funny though...I enjoy shooting with my M6 much more than the Canon. It
always seems like one feature or another of the Canon has to be thought
about and fussed with: which exposure mode am I using? Which focus mode?
Autofocus? It all just gets in the way. The M6 is just the basics and me
making choices in my head.

Adam
<<<

Without casting aspersions on those who find the automatic features useful, I also found that fussing over the various modes and devising tricks to overcome their shortcomings or to verify their correct operation made photography more difficult and less enjoyable than using a manual-only camera.

The only automatic feature I find useful is the spring-operated automatic diaphragm on my SL... and my favorite lens, the 400mm f/6.8 Telyt, doesn't even have that!

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://mail2web.com/ .