Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica sighting
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 12:19:51 -0500

 >>>One of Reza's cameras is a Leica M.
> > Oliver Bryk

>> from Dan Post

> Boy! Anyone who'd risk their Leica like that certainly needs their head
> examined!!  :o)
> Dan

Gee Dan,  I think he was using his Leica to take pictures.  I know they have other
uses, but I guess I risk my Leica all the time then, albeit not in as rough a
territory.  When the conditions are not good, that's when you take your most reliable
cameras along.   What's the point in having a quality camera if you are afraid of
using it when the chips may be down?

When I was in TV, I usta risk a $45,000 Ikegami  by taking pictures at hurricanes,
fires, explosions, and events of civil unrest.

Perhaps the answer to your comment is that anyone who would shoot news and
documentary should have their head examined, though in the "decisive moment," give me
a reliable camera.

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com