Subject: Re: [Leica] Peeved at choice of material - M5 flash shoe
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 09:47:03 -0700

Vick wrote:
>>> I wanted some pictures of my son yesterday, and it was a dark and
miserable day. So I decided to pull out a flash, and put it into my M5.
When I took the flash off, there was a nice groove, engraved into the
plastic bit and the metal stud on the
flash hot shoe.  I was so annoyed that Leitz would have chosen such soft
material for this potentially high wear area.  <<<<

So Vick old buddy,

Tell us how were the pictures, as that's the most important part? ;-) :-)

The other part is, Leitz knew that all good Leica users work with available
existing light. ERGO: soft flash shoe material as they don't expect a good
Leica User ever using flash. ;-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant