Subject: Re: [Leica] OK. I'll be brave and post some shots.
From: "Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 06:20:46 -0700

While I have been able to ride hand-free for over 40 years, I did not do so
on this shot.  Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.  Actually, I had my camera
in my left hand and was holding on for dear life with my right hand.  I
usually hold my camera right handed, so it was a bit of a chore to get the
left hand on the shutter release in the vertical position.  I wanted the
shadow of my arms on the handle bars, and since my left arm was not showing
in the shadow, I decided to use it to hold the camera.  I took quite a few
shots with two cameras.  I haven't developed the B&W ones yet, but the are
not Leica (Rollei SL-35).  Neighbor thought I was crazy going back and forth
in front of his house.  It was the only stretch of unpateched asphalt long
enough I could find in the right direction for the sun.

I hope this disclosure doesn't detract from your appreciation of the photo.
If it does, just ignore everything I just said, and I was indeed riding
hands-free. :-)