Subject: Re: [Leica] partial roll.
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 10:54:33 -0500

I guess you can take all the precautions you want, but I have never
had any sign of leakage just putting my hand over the lens hood when I
reload.

Maybe I'm just lucky, or my hand is less transparent than most.   I
can see this might not work with large diameter lenses, but the major
problems you are likely to encounter in running a partial roll back
through is double-exposing a few frames if you are not careful, or
scratching the film from some grit you pick up in the process.

As Ted might say, stop talking about it and do it!  The weather is not
gonna get better

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com

> Can't you just put on the body cap and avoid any light coming
through the lens
> opening when the shutter snaps?
>
> John Collier wrote:
>
> > Ditto plus I also stop the lens right down and set the shutter to
1/1000. No
> > problems even with multiple reloads.
> >
> > John Collier
> >
> > > From: Gwpics@aol.com
> > >
> > > In a message dated Thu, 4 Oct 2001 20:23:48  British Summer
Time, "G. Michael