Subject: [Leica] FS: Craig's famous M3
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoom.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:37:15 -0400

Good morning friends,

A family emergency forces me to part with my Leica gear.  It's a real
heartbreak, but must be done immediately. I want these items to go to people
who will love and use them, so they're not going to be listed on ebay.  I
will require payment in USPS money orders., please. Camera and lens prices
include free overnight shipping.

I hope you can help.  Thanks very much.

Craig Roberts
Boston
croberts@zoom.com
617-753-0585

Here's what I have:

Leica M3 single-stroke (converted from double) body. Serviced by Sherry
Krauter less than one year ago, included all new film transport parts.
Cosmetically it's EXC+ with usual minor meter marks and strap lug bright
marks.  Bottom plate is scuffed, but no scratches or dents.  Vulcanite
intact and supple.  Rangefinder/viewfinder was rebuilt by John Van Stelten
six months ago, included modification for close focusing with late lenses.
Beam splitter was recemented so it will never suffer from yellowing and
separation.  This best of all M-series rangefinders is like 1956 factory
new.
$750.00

50mm Summicron, latest series MINT - (actually, no signs of wear-- glass
flawless), with leather case and caps but no box.
$650.00

40mm Summicron CL EXC (minor paint rubs, glass perfect, though).  With new
pens cap.  New rubber hood is on order from Leica and will be forwarded as
soon as it arrives.  Perfect semi-wide for M3.  Field of view coincides
almost exactly with full frame viewfinder view.
$275.00

Kameraleder everready case.  Beautifully hand made, black WITH STRAP, as
new.
$200.00

Leitz Pradolux RT 300 (1970's model) EXC, in perfect working order with
flawless 90mm f2.8 Colorplan (flat field).  No trays or remote, but uses
stock Kodak Ektagraphic items.
$150.00

Leica 39mm UV filter with plastic case and box, MINT -
$40.00

Leica camera strap, new in box.
$15.00

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] FS: Craig's famous M3)