Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V20 #364/Exposing at 32 ISO
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@csd.uwm.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:09:46 -0500

> Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 22:15:55 -0400
> From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
> Subject:Was Re: [Leica] Why is the lowest shutter speed on a Leica M6 1/1000?

> snip...

> I think that with a little more trial and much more error I will have times
> for Acros so that in really bright light I pull it down to 32 or so which
> will also flatten the contrast at the expense of some more grain.

> snip...

> Don Dory
> dorysrus@mindsrping.com

I've had good results exposing Tri-X at 32 ISO (really!) and developing in
Microdol-X full strength for about 8 min.  (I develop by inspection, so I
don't always look at the clock when I take the film out; it gets fixed when
it looks right)  Tri-X overexposed and processed in Microdol gives me
really creamy, fine grained images, and the contrast is fine.  I've made
16x20's that people say look like slow film.

Alan Magayne-Roshak
Senior Photographer
Univ. of Wis.-Milwaukee
Photo Services