Subject: RE: [Leica] Why is the lowest shutter speed on a Leica M6 1/1000?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@ccapr.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 23:22:53 -0400

Absolutely, Muhammad. The two biggest failings of the M are the top
shutter speed of 1000th, which makes the use of high speed film in
daylight difficult indeed, and the lack of a higher flash sync, which
makes daylight fill flash a virtual impossibility. I almost always try
to shoot at apertures of f4 or below, and because I use Tri-X at 800 -
not even 400 - almost exclusively - I'm in trouble anytime I step out
the door in daylight. I know, I know, I can use ND filters. But ND
filters are filters, and filters, as we all 'know' from hanging around
here, immediately turn your high res Leica lenses to Japanese jelly
jars. ;-)