Subject: Re: [Leica] Pictures sorta a week
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 22:52:07 -0400

Rei, thank you for commenting on the portrait.  Of the series I shot, the
shadowed one captured the moment better than most.

Incidentally, the new Fuji Across in Xtol 1:3 handles contrasty lighting
very well.  Depending on what is important, I can pull up detail in her
white shirt or in the deep shadows over her left eye.  Actually, I had to do
some layer masking to make her left eye visible at all.  All in all a lovely
smooth film, quite the antithesis to Agfa 100 which has a very steep curve.
One of the reasons I'm not too keen with digital capture; with silver, I can
capture totally different scenes by loading a different roll of film.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com