Subject: re: [Leica] LTM Esoteria [Was: Leica IIIf]
From: Howard Sanner <flagstad@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 15:09:49 -0400

>>Before loading the IIIf or any other screwball Leica, trim the
>>film's leader so that the tongue ends between the 21st and 22nd
>>sprocket holes.

	[snip]

>I agree wholeheartedly with the above, but take exception with the
>unnaturally high number of sprocket holes mentioned therein. I always
>pull
>out the film leader to show a total of 15 sprocket holes, then trim
>13 of
>those, using a gently curving cut toward the end, leaving two
>sprocket
>holes in evidence.

	I came up with the "magic" number of 21 by looking at a picture
in an old Leica manual, I forget which edition. It showed a
leader as trimmed by an ABLON template, and I counted the number
of sprocket holes. I've never tried 13, but don't doubt what you
say a bit.

					Howard Sanner
					flagstad@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] LTM Esoteria [Was: Leica IIIf])